An addictive appetizer with dip. Please do not alter the recipe and bake. They do not come out as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Avocado Egg Rolls
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 tomato, chopped (seeds removed)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14 -16 egg roll wraps
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or more if wanting to deep fry)
Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip
- 1Cut all avocados in half and scoop out the center. Chop the tomato, green onions and garlic and toss into a bowl with the avocados. Put cumin, chili powder and lime into the bowl. Mash gently with potato masher until creamy, but there are still chunks of avocado. Remember, don't over do it.
- 2To assemble the egg roll: Peel off one egg roll wrapper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture at one end of the wrapper.
- 3Roll once. Fold in the sides. Continue to roll. Moisten the end of the wrapper with water. Finish rolling and press the wet end of the wrapper closed.
- 4Continue making egg rolls until all the filling is used.
- 5Place each egg roll on a damp paper towel covered with a damp paper towel so as not to dry out.
- 6Heat oil in a skillet. Cook rolls in hot oil over medium high heat. Brown egg rolls on each side turning when needed. When browned on each side place on paper towel lined plate. This may be done in batches.
- 7Season with salt and serve with dipping sauce.
- 8To Make Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip: Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Browse Our Top Avocado Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Avocado Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Egg Rolls With Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix