A lot of work, but oh so DIVINE! Notes: Tamarind pulp can be purchased at many large supermarkets in the ethnic food aisle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together vinegars, tamarind, honey,and saffron; microwave for 1 minute; stir until tamarind is dissolved.
- 2Puree tamarind mixture, cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and cumin in a blender.
- 3Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in oil; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes,onion, 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and.
- 6Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
- 7Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you. Fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
- 8Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg; roll up from side to side; fold top corner over all and press to seal; repeat with remaining wrappers.
- 9Deep-fry egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4.
- 10minutes, until golden brown.
- 11Drain on brown paper bags.
- 12Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.0
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 430.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g