Recipe by FeedMePlz
A lot of work, but oh so DIVINE! Notes: Tamarind pulp can be purchased at many large supermarkets in the ethnic food aisle.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together vinegars, tamarind, honey,and saffron; microwave for 1 minute; stir until tamarind is dissolved.
- Puree tamarind mixture, cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and cumin in a blender.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in oil; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes,onion, 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and.
- Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you. Fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
- Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg; roll up from side to side; fold top corner over all and press to seal; repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Deep-fry egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4.
- minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on brown paper bags.
- Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce.