Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This dressing is wonderful on baby greens salad, but I would put it on, or mix it in, with ANY salad. It's simple and delicious!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
I adore avocado, garlic, citrus and honey, and the combination of these ingredients into a dressing sounded appealing to me. If you follow the measurements of each ingredient as directed, the dressing comes out far too sweet and lacking in seasonings, despite the hefty punch of fresh garlic and the fresh cracked pepper. I felt it needed salt or perhaps some fresh herbs to give it a more rounded flavor, and far less honey. I think this recipe shows great potential - next time I will experiment with adding additional seasonings - perhaps a minced shallot as well, and reduce the honey to just 1 tsp.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop garlic, put in a small bowl.
- Mix in the honey and pepper.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime and lemon. (Mine were extremely juicy, so you may need a bit more than stated).
- Stir well til honey dissolves into mixture.
- Chop avocado into small pieces and throw into bowl. Mix well.
- Serve on baby greens salad.