Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This avocado dressing recipe makes a nice, thick dressing to use in tacos, burritos, salads, fish, or sandwiches. It's always a big hit with all my friends when I make tacos. It's not a guacamole. But rather a sauce or dressing you can use beyond Mexican dishes. You can use regular yogurt or for your "vegan" friends, use soy yogurt. I've made it both ways and it's excellent. Try it!
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In food processor or blender, add all ingredients.
- Blend for a couple of minutes until it's finely mixed all together.
Mine came out similar as in the picture but that was not the texture i wanted as it was not liquid as a dressing is supposed to be. Yet it was quite sour tasting because of the vinegar. I used plain yogurt but it was not going to well with the vinegar eighter. Made for PAC fall 09