Recipe by katie in the UP
I've been making this dressing for YEARS!! (over 30 !) DH loves this on his Taco Salad. I've posted this recipe for easy access for DS and DIL.
- 3 avocados, peeled
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper sauce (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or 2 teaspoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with garlc clove, onion powder, red pepper sauce and lemon or lime juice, blend until it's a paste; I use either a stick blender or magic bullet.
- Add 2 avocados, blend until smooth.
- Add salad oil, blend.
- Chop 3rd avocado (if you want dressing to be chunky).
- Add 3rd avocado and sour cream, mix by hand.