Recipe by bullwinkle
This is a easy and a kid friendly avocado dip. I guessed at the time it takes to make this. I figured about 10 minutes for the everything. Makes about 1 cup.
Top Review by EasternCook
I was looking for an avocado dip that my 3 year old daughter would like, so when I found this I was thrilled. I made the recipe as is, but also added 1/2 cup of great northern beans to up the nutritional content. It turned out smooth and creamy. She loved it and so did I (can't even tell I added beans)! This is a keeper!!
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the avocado in a blender or food processor with the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place in serving bowl.
- This is a tip I found for keeping the dip from darkening.
- Spread a layer of sour cream over the top of the avocado dip and seal it to the sides of the serving dish.