Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ok avocado's are not exactly low fat but they are so good! This recipe is as low fat as possible.
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons diced green chilies
- In a food processor or blender, blend cottage cheese, sour cream, avacado, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add salsa and green chilies and pulse briefly.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- May be served immediatley or covered and chilled until ready to use (this will keep in refrigerator for one or two days) Serve with baked tortilla chips and your favorite fresh veggies.
This recipe turned out pretty good. However, not without some doctoring on the ingredients. After added the garlic salt, I found the recipe WAY TOO SALTY. To try and salvage the dish I added more cottage cheese & sour cream (I doubled the recipe so didn't have anymore avocado). To disguise the salt abit more I added more lemon juice & salsa also along with some chopped green peppers & fresh garlic. Next time I will try 1/2 garlic salt & 1/2 garlic powder. It ended up tasting ok & will try this again one day, thanks for sharing.