Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this one on the Mayo Clinic website under the healthy recipes section. It's healthy but oh-so-yummy and easy too! This mixture is a great dressing for mixed green salads and is a good topping for fish or chicken. UPDATE: I tweaked the recipe and added garlic salt. Not quite as healthy, but it did improve the flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix to blend the ingredients evenly.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or sliced veggies.
This wasn't bad, but it was a little bland outside of the hot sauce. Used it similar to guacamole with chips. Not sure what I could add to it, but I think it is a good base I may need to play around with though.