Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Advice from it's creator at Eating Well...Living Thinner: Prepare these not too long before serving, as the avocados may turn dark. Otherwise, these are duh-licious!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 medium avocado, diced small
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- cayenne, minced parsley or cilantro (to garnish)
- Cut boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out yolks. Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in diced avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cayenne, minced parsley or cilantro.
These are good for a base, but the yolk overpowers the other flavors (IMHO), even with a whole avocado. I added 1/2 of a diced Roma tomato, about a tablespoon of diced onion, some garlic powder, a dash of sriracha, and about 2 teaspoons of lime juice... and more salt than I thought it would need.<br/>It came out good, but still tasted like it was missing something. Maybe next time I'll start with guacamole and just add the egg yolks to that. ;)