Recipe by Annisette
A tasty twist on an old favorite. From avocado.org
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
Awesome recipe!!!! Definite Keeper. I highly recommend that this recipe be made as written. mine turned out absolutely wonderful. Huge Huge Hit! Loved the creaminess and the flavor was perfect. Had my guest trying to figure out what was in it! I just smiled and said "here have another" I will definitely make this again... may not make deviled eggs any other way! Love the avocado, *YUM* Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 large avocado
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil the eggs. Cool. Remove shells. Set aside.
- Steam the onion and celery until tender. Place in food processor (or blender) and puree.
- Slice eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks. Set aside the whites to be filled later.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and mash them with the back of a fork. Add onion/celery puree, mayonaisse, mustard, salt, pepper, and avocado. Mix well.
- Fill egg whites with the avocado mixture (a pastry bag works well). Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.