Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty twist on an old favorite. From avocado.org
Make and share this Avocado Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 large avocado
- paprika (optional)
- Hard boil the eggs. Cool. Remove shells. Set aside.
- Steam the onion and celery until tender. Place in food processor (or blender) and puree.
- Slice eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks. Set aside the whites to be filled later.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and mash them with the back of a fork. Add onion/celery puree, mayonaisse, mustard, salt, pepper, and avocado. Mix well.
- Fill egg whites with the avocado mixture (a pastry bag works well). Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Awesome recipe!!!! Definite Keeper. I highly recommend that this recipe be made as written. mine turned out absolutely wonderful. Huge Huge Hit! Loved the creaminess and the flavor was perfect. Had my guest trying to figure out what was in it! I just smiled and said "here have another" I will definitely make this again... may not make deviled eggs any other way! Love the avocado, *YUM* Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3
This is a fantastic recipe for deviled eggs! I skipped the food processor step (I like my deviled eggs with a little texture) and used dijon mustard. The filling is such a nice shade of green. I had some leftover filling, which made a great sandwich spread. This might just be my new favorite deviled egg recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!
I didn't do the onion/celery step due to laziness and my avocado was overripe so the coloring was a tad off - I didn't use my measuring tools like I usually do and so the mustard was a bit on the strong side but didn't think I was really over the amt required. Just wanted to use up the avocado and we did eat all the eggs.