These are awesome! Very different from the typical mayo/mustard/onion deviled eggs. Great for summer parties, since there is no mayonnaise called for. Everyone has asked me for this recipe! By the way, this is the first recipe that I have posted, so go easy on me. Recipe courtesy of Penzey's Spices. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 slices double-thick prosciutto (cubed)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 small red onion (finely minced)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (minced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules (I use 1 tsp fresh crushed)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves (minced)
- 1Boil the eggs.
- 2While the eggs are cooking, make guacamole.
- 3Mix water, cumin, & garlic in medium bowl.
- 4Halve avocados, remove pits & skin; cut into thirds (discard any brown spots); add to bowl.
- 5Add onion, tomato, lime juice & salt.
- 6Mash with a hand potato masher, stir to blend.
- 7Add hot pepper as desired.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap patted onto the surface of guacamole.
- 9Peel eggs, cut in half, discard yolks (or save for another use).
- 10Stir the cubed prosciutto into the guacamole and fill the eggs.
- 11Sprinkle fresh minced cilantro on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 265.0 mg
- Sodium 378.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: