Recipe by barbie66
These are awesome! Very different from the typical mayo/mustard/onion deviled eggs. Great for summer parties, since there is no mayonnaise called for. Everyone has asked me for this recipe! By the way, this is the first recipe that I have posted, so go easy on me. Recipe courtesy of Penzey's Spices. Enjoy!
- 10 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 slices double-thick prosciutto (cubed)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 small red onion (finely minced)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (minced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules (I use 1 tsp fresh crushed)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, make guacamole.
- Mix water, cumin, & garlic in medium bowl.
- Halve avocados, remove pits & skin; cut into thirds (discard any brown spots); add to bowl.
- Add onion, tomato, lime juice & salt.
- Mash with a hand potato masher, stir to blend.
- Add hot pepper as desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap patted onto the surface of guacamole.
- Peel eggs, cut in half, discard yolks (or save for another use).
- Stir the cubed prosciutto into the guacamole and fill the eggs.
- Sprinkle fresh minced cilantro on top and serve.