1/1 Photo of Avocado & Cucumber Soup
Chef #256951's Note:
I don't remember where I got the recipe from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or 4 cups water with vegetable bouillon cubes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups English cucumbers, about 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chervil
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Boil the stock in medium pot over high heat; then add the minced garlic.
- 2Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove the pot from heat; cool to room temperature.
- 4Add cucumber, avocados, herbs, pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the cooled stock.
- 5In food processor, puree in batches until smooth.
- 6Chill in fridge.
- 7Serve soup in bowls garnished with yogurt, paprika and radish slices.
- 8Note: If you can't find chervil and/or tarragon, substitute with coriander or other fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado & Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 309.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: