Recipe by leeleitch
I don't remember where I got the recipe from.
Top Review by Ambervim
This is so refreshing and light!!!! It has just enough spice to be good and not so much it can't go to a pot luck. I didn't bother to seed the cucumbers, I don't think English cukes need to be seeded AND I used a blender on steroids. Easy to make!!!
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or 4 cups water with vegetable bouillon cubes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups English cucumbers, about 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chervil
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 8 teaspoons paprika
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the stock in medium pot over high heat; then add the minced garlic.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Add cucumber, avocados, herbs, pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the cooled stock.
- In food processor, puree in batches until smooth.
- Chill in fridge.
- Serve soup in bowls garnished with yogurt, paprika and radish slices.
- Note: If you can't find chervil and/or tarragon, substitute with coriander or other fresh herbs.