Recipe by Chef Kate
Part of a wonderful three course lunch at Chez Cecile (Chef Stephane Pitre)
Top Review by DeeCooks
My 5 year old and I made this for 'Zaar tag and really enjoyed it. Amazingly, my five year old really liked it too! (And immersion blender is the way to go...) It took about twice as much liquid to get it thin enough (we had Hass avocados, I know some other types are more watery, so that could be it.) I think next time I would use part chicken broth to thin and would crush the tomato ice and float a small scoop on top. Very refreshing on a warm summer evening!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice (I use organic, not from concentrate, no salt ( or just pureed, strained tomatoes)
- 1 pinch celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Avocado cream
- Stone the avocados and remove the skins. Blend them in a blender or, my preference, with an immersion blender, with the lemon juice.
- Thin with heavy cream until the batter is smooth.
- Add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- Spicy tomato ice cube
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into an ice cube tray.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve the avocado cream in a small glass, top with an ice cube and drizzle with a streak of olive oil.