Recipe by Chef PotPie
My husband loves avacados in all ways. Myself, I'm not so keen on them. But he wants me to make this for him for Father's Day! DD is making avacado fudge...sheesh! Anyway, we're giving this a try and also submitting for ZWT4. I found it online but can't remember where. Maybe RecipeGoldMine?
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup pale dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon round white pepper
- 3 corn tortillas, quartered and fried until crisp or 3 buy tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the diced avocados in 3 batches, combining 1/3 of the dice and 1/2 cup of cream at a time in a blender container and blending at high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a 3-quart non-reactive saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and when the stock is simmering, stir in the avocado puree. Add the sherry, salt and pepper, and taste for seasoning.
- To serve the soup hot, pour it into a tureen and strew the top with tortilla quarters or avocado slices. Or refrigerate and serve it cold.