Recipe by mariposa13
From fooddownunder.com. Great on chicken and fish. Can also be used as a dip or in place of red or green salsa on enchiladas.
Top Review by Geema
I made this sauce to serve over simple baked salmon and it was the perfect choice. While I kept the integrity of the recipe, I did make a couple of substitutions..lemon juice for lime, and dill for tarragon. Delicious!
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor fitted with chopping blade, puree avocado with garlic, lime juice, and herbs.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in avocado puree and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Add cream and continue to heat, but do not allow to boil.
- Salt to taste and serve.