Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is wonderful for a quick and light lunch or the beginning of an elegant meal.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat broth, onion and garlic to boiling.
- Pour hot mixture into blender.
- Add lemon juice and avocados, cover and process about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pan; add yogurt and crabmeat.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until hot.
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls and garnish with twists of lemon.
5 star yummy !!
I've made this soup recipe for years, and it always turns out perfectly. The only adjustments I've made are to use light sour cream instead of yogurt, and depending on the "guest list", I'll add some (home-jarred) jalapeno slices to kick it up a bit. The jalapenos go into the blender.
I made this for dinner and i feel like it is a pretty good soup for what is put into it. I used just under a cup of light sour cream instead of yogurt, 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice with some of the zest, and fresh lump crab meat that i added into the blender. I recommend this for an easy weekday dinner!
Just made this for lunch andwas disappointed in it. I followed the recipe excatly and found the soup to have a slightly bitter taste. I will make it again and try cutting the lemon juice down, and replacing the yogurt with sour cream. Did like how easy it was to prepare.