1/1 Photo of Avocado-Crab Enchiladas with Green Sauce
4 hrs 20 mins
This is a recipe I have not tried but really looks good! Prep time includes refrigeration time. Source: The California Avocado Commission. For Avocado-Chicken Enchiladas substitute 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded, for 1 pound crabmeat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 small california avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3 jalapeno peppers, unseeded and cut in half
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (12 ounces)
- 1Process 1 cup broth, next 5 ingredients, and ½ teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 2Remove 1 cup sauce, and stir in crabmeat, next 3 ingredients, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Stir together remaining 2 cups sauce and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 5Cover and chill up to 4 hours, if desired.
- 6Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly down center of tortillas.
- 7Sprinkle evenly with 2 cups cheese, and roll up.
- 8Place seam side down in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 9Cover and chill up to 4 hours, if desired.
- 10Pour sauce mixture over top, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 11Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado-Crab Enchiladas with Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1337.7
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.5 g
- Saturated Fat 45.0 g
- Cholesterol 286.2 mg
- Sodium 2422.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 67.9 g