Recipe by dianegrapegrower
A great accompaniment to fish or chicken, or could be enjoyed as a light lunch when served on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs.! Feel free to substitute fresh corn for the frozen when in season. Cooking time is the chill time.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet or saucepan, combine the corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne. Cook, covered, on medium heat for 4 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Uncover and cook for an additional minute or two to evaporate the excess moisture. Set aside to cool.
- Place avocado in a medium bowl, and coat with lemon or lime juice. Stir in the red onion, bell pepper, and corn mixture. Add salt and optional hot sauce to taste. Garnish with cilantro as desired.
- Serve immediately, or chill for 30 minutes if desired.