Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is lovely with fresh corn cut off the cob.
Make and share this Avocado Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cut corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, add corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for a few minutes to evaporate the excess moisture.
- Set skillet aside to cool.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Chop the bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion and cooked corn; stir to combine.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve immediately or chill, then serve.
this was lovely! so yummy! the combination of corn, cumin and avacado just worked so well - and with tabasco too! i made this for a bbq and served it with baked potatoes, cheese and sour cream! delicious!
Perfect lunch!! I got a bag of frozen Ultimate Southwest Blend Veggies (black beans, corn, poblano peppers, red peppers and onions). All I had to do was add the avocado and spices. Great mix of flavors and very colorful! Thanks!
Man oh man - this is such a great side for any outdoor summer meal! It was terrific with our grilled London Broil. This is a beautiful salad, and I love it that the red comes from red bell pepper instead of tomotoes. I kicked it up with a couple extra shakes of Tabasco and used leftover grilled corn cut of the cob, and it was to-die-for! Thanks Di!