Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is lovely with fresh corn cut off the cob.
Top Review by chefamy
this was lovely! so yummy! the combination of corn, cumin and avacado just worked so well - and with tabasco too! i made this for a bbq and served it with baked potatoes, cheese and sour cream! delicious!
- 1 cup cut corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, add corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for a few minutes to evaporate the excess moisture.
- Set skillet aside to cool.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Chop the bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion and cooked corn; stir to combine.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve immediately or chill, then serve.