Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another winner from the Low Carb Life book. If you like guacamole, you will like this salad.
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 10 Spanish olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced peeled carrot
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, discard the pits and scoop out the shells. Reserve the shells.
- Finely chop the flesh and set aside in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and lime juice; mix gently.
- Combine chopped peppers, cucumber, onion and diced carrot in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add to avocados and toss gently. Season with salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Gently mound the salad into the avocado shells. Garnish with a light sprinkle of cilantro.