Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this easy California-cuisine inspired recipe when I was spending way too much time on pregnancy nutrition. It's a great source of iron, fiber, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12.
- 1 avocado
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 5 ounces baby clams, drained (2 pouches)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro (or 1 1/2 tsp fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut & peel avocado.
- Drain excess liquid off chickpeas & clams.
- Combine all ingredients. Serve chilled (or immediately, if you're too hungry.).