Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicate tangy salad or side dish! Far from your boring lettuce and dressing or simple fruit salads. compliments almost any meat prepared any way, or fabulous alone as a lunch or light dinner. GREAT food for people trying to stay healthy or watch their weight, packed full of vitamins and very satisfying! my own creation after forgetting to go to the grocery store before a dinner at home date. this recipe is sure to impress and sooooo easy to prepare. buying pre sectioned citrus will save lots of time.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, de-tailed
- 3 ounces arugula
- 3 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 large tangerines or 1 large blood orange
- 1 pink grapefruit, sweet
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 large avocados
- Cut shrimp, bell pepper, avocado, and peeled citrus into medium chunks (1/2 -3/4 inch) and combine in bowl and chill covered for 20 minutes or until cooled.
- Toss arugula and romaine together in large salad bowl.
- Top with chopped shrimp and citrus mixture.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.
- ALTERNATE PREP for a fancier (but more time consuming) presentation.
- Slice bell pepper into thin 1" long strips.
- Slice avocados into thin slices.
- Peel citrus and remove skin from segments if desired (or use canned prepeeled mandarine orange and grapefruit segments).
- Toss lettuce together into a large bowl and pat down so top is level or slightly mounded in center.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Carefully arrange rows of each ingredient in circles around the bowl.
- Take a picture or two and post them here ; ).
- Present your masterpiece to your guests and enjoy the compliments!
- Keeps well in fridge up to 2 days.