Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A unique version of a potato salad without any mayo. Good for cookouts and potlucks. I think the friend who gave this to me said it came from Paula Deen.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peled and small diced (1/3-inch cubes)
- 1⁄3 cup finely minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and small diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Place the diced potatoes in a medium sauce pan with cold, salted water and bring to a boil.
- Immediately turn the heat down to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender, 10 - 12 minutes total.
- Cool the potatoes under cold running water and drain.
- Combine the potatoes, onions, and garlic in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Add the avocados, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro and toss well to combine.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.