Guava Girl's Note:
A unique version of a potato salad without any mayo. Good for cookouts and potlucks. I think the friend who gave this to me said it came from Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peled and small diced (1/3-inch cubes)
- 1/3 cup finely minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and small diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1Place the diced potatoes in a medium sauce pan with cold, salted water and bring to a boil.
- 2Immediately turn the heat down to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender, 10 - 12 minutes total.
- 3Cool the potatoes under cold running water and drain.
- 4Combine the potatoes, onions, and garlic in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Add olive oil, tossing to coat.
- 6Add the avocados, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro and toss well to combine.
- 7Adjust seasoning if necessary to taste.
- 8Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Cilantro Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g