Recipe by FireRaven
Creamy and just a little bit spicy! Adds a nice crunch to a Tex-Mex wrap, and also works well as a side salad with Chili. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by Marysdottir
This was okay but as another reviewer said, quite bland. It needed more heat and it doesn't keep well due to the avocado turning brown (even with the lime juice). It probably would be a good accompaniment to wraps or a pulled pork sandwich, though. I'll probably try it again for that purpose but will add more tobasco. Thanks for posting.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coleslaw, peppers, celery, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, thoroughly mash avocado flesh. Add the mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, salt, cayenne, and milk. Stir well. You may need to add a bit more milk -- or even a bit more mayo to get a "dressing" consistency.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw veggies and toss well. Cover and chill the coleslaw for at least an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Squeeze with fresh lime juice just before serving, and toss well.