Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Creamy and just a little bit spicy! Adds a nice crunch to a Tex-Mex wrap, and also works well as a side salad with Chili. Cook time is chilling time.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- Combine coleslaw, peppers, celery, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, thoroughly mash avocado flesh. Add the mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, salt, cayenne, and milk. Stir well. You may need to add a bit more milk -- or even a bit more mayo to get a "dressing" consistency.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw veggies and toss well. Cover and chill the coleslaw for at least an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Squeeze with fresh lime juice just before serving, and toss well.