I combined a number of my favorite things to come up with this tasty sandwich. This is a great use for leftover chicken. Makes a great summer supper, or hearty lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (bottled is fine here, but fresh is even nicer)
- 2 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 sandwich rolls, such as french rolls, sub rolls, ciabatta
- 2 leaves lettuce
- Combine all ingredients except rolls and lettuce in a medium bowl.
- Slice rolls in half, and toast if desired. Lay lettuce leaves on bottom halves of rolls, and divide chicken salad between them. Place roll tops on sandwich.
WOW Diane, what a wonderful chicken salad sandwich this is!!! Made a few substitutions: NO onions so used onion powder, no celery so used fresh minced lovage leaves, and no pimento so used the last of our fresh garden tomatoes. I also added a few fresh snipped marjoram leaves and skipped the Tabasco this time. DH and I thank you for a wonderful lunch that we both enjoyed and will certainly make again. :) Becky
Delish! I just doubled the amount of onions and celery because I like the crunch. I used a teaspoon of chili paste instead of the hot sauce. Very pretty and tasty salad.