Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love chicken salad, but am trying to cut down on calories and fat, so I substituted mayo with an avocado and made a few modifications of my own to the classic favorite, and it turned out quite well! For the chicken strips, I use "Tyson Chicken Fajita Breast Strips". The spices already with the chicken make this salad great!
- 1 -2 avocado (add 2 if you like it really creamy)
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 (84 ounce) package grilled chicken breast strips, strips
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- olive oil
- "Shred" or chop the chicken strips, depending on your preference. Use the entire package.
- Heat up a pan with a bit of olive oil and cook the chicken. Salt and/or pepper to taste.
- In some sort of container, add the avocado(s), onions, peppers, and lime. Mix well. The avocado mixture should be creamy.
- Once chicken strips are cooked, combine them with the avocado mixture. Mix well.