Recipe by Julie Tremmel
I have been going through a big avocado phase and this sandwich really fills that craving. Warm and cheesy how can you go wrong.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Very nice lunch. I halved the recipe and then cut my pitas in half (making 2 rounds instead of 1) to lower the carbs/calories. I found that I needed twice the recommended avocado to get a nice thin layer. Next time I will eliminate the hot sauce too. Thanks!
- 4 whole pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 lb rotisserie-cooked chicken, skin removed cut into strips
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush one side of each pita with olive oil. Bake on cookie sheet 350 degrees 7 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Combine mashed avocado, lime juice, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and hot sauce until well blended. Spread even layer over each of the 4 pitas.
- Top each pita with chicken, tomato and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and enjoy.