Recipe by mama smurf
Found in a Tyson Chicken recipe book and changed it somewhat to suit our tastes. TIP: You can sprinkle chicken with sliced green onions and serve with sliced cucumber, if desired. Add sliced green onion tops to the yogurt and red bell pepper sauce or substitute onion-flavored ranch or cucumber salad dressing for the sauce.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Loved the flavor of the chicken but I have to confess that I marinated the breasts while they thawed. I didn?t change anything else but I didn?t do the yogurt/peppers/bread step. It was easy to a make and worth doing again & again. Thanks for sharing
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (thin cut or pounded them to 1/4-inch thickness)
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (can use sour cream)
- 4 wheat, bread slices toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine panko crumbs, garlic salt and paprika in a large palstic food storage bag. Add chicken, close bag and toss to coat well. Wash hands. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Put coated chicken in hot skillet and cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Place avocado slices over chicken and sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese and green onions. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer into thickent part of chicken. Temperature should read 180 degrees).
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and bell pepper. Divide evenly over each slice of toast. Place each chicken breast on slice of toast.