Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old recipe I have made for many years. The recipe may sound a little strange, but the acid from the tomato and the oil from the avocado contributes to the chicken's incredible baked-in moistness and tenderness.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 -2 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Slightly pound 6 boneless chicken breasts.
- Coat the breasts in flour, dip in beaten egg, then coat in Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Saute the chicken in 2 T. hot butter, 1 T. olive oil 1-2 minute per side.
- Lay the meat in an oil-sprayed 13x9 pan.
- Top each breast with an avocado slice, then a tomato slice, and finally a deli slice of ham.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minute
- Top each breast with a slice of Swiss cheese and bake 5 more minutes just until cheese is melted.
I can't believe this hasn't been rated yet! This was such a great recipe! My husband doesn't like tomato, so I left that off of his, but still put it on mine. His chicken turned out dryer than mine did. The tomato really makes the chicken juicy. The ones without the tomato weren't too dry though, still good. I will definitely make these again...maybe add more ham though. DELICIOUS!