Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing chicken salad to have on a bed of greens, in a tortilla or a pita pocket. I just made this up one day with leftover chicken.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Place mayo, sour cream, spicy brown mustard, raspberry vinaigrette, poppy seeds, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the chicken, celery, dried cherries, sunflower seeds and parsley.
- Pour mayo mixture over the ingredients and mix.
- Gently stir in the avocados making sure not to mash them.
- NOTE: You may use non or low fat mayo and sour cream for a lighter version.