Recipe by cookiedog
I love avocado on anything so I can't wait to try this sandwich. From Country Living Magazine.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I made a full amount of the dressing and then made 2 pockets for myself for lunch. Used mild cheese on one and sharp on the other. Didn't taste a whole lot of difference. This is a nice, light vegetarian sandwhich and the lime dressing gives it a nice flavor. Saving the rest of the dressing for later (either on sand. or salad.)
- 3 cups mixed sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 large pocket syle pita bread, halved
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the sprouts and onion together and set aside.
- Mix the zest, juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and olive oil and set aside.
- Divide the avocado sliced among the pita halves, placing them inside the pocket in a single layer.
- Divide the sprout mixture among the sandwiches,tucked inside on top of the avocado.
- Add the cheese slices and drizzle each of the sandwiches with about 3 teaspoons of lime dressing.