Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just wanted to add this recipe to the cantaloupe craze -- it's simple and delicious! Cuisine at Home, August/2007
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (no substitutions)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- Whisk lime juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper together for the vinaigrette.
- Cut cantaloupe half into 9 slices, then halve crosswise to make 18 wedges.
- Slice each avocado half into three wedges.
- Assemble salads, placing 3 cantaloupe wedges and 2 avocado wedges on each plate.
- Sprinkle with shallots then drizzle with vinaigrette.
wonderfully refreshing summer salad....even great in the middle of january while we're dreaming of the warm weather. i use a whole cantaloupe, keep all other ingredients the same. Goes great with a little cottage cheese on the side.