Recipe by Ambervim
I saw a recipe for this on the internet. I liked the idea, having 2 avocado trees. I just didn't like that recipe. So here is mine.
Top Review by Jacira
I have a prolifically producing avocado tree here in south Florida so I tried this recipe. It was really moist and delicious. The cupcakes flew off the tray (right into my family and friends' tummies)! Loved this with the Avocado Buttercream Frosting, but might try the toasted coconut and macadamia nut frosting next.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (canola would work)
- 1 large florida avocado (or 2 of those little hand grenade Haas)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl.
- Blend eggs, avocado, and milk smooth.
- Pour into dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan or 2 round pans properly prepared.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frost with a complimentary frosting.