1/2 Photos of Avocado Butter With Baby Shrimp Sandwiches
The easiest way to prepare this sandwich is to buy frozen cooked baby shrimp. Defrost them in the refrigerator overnight and drain before marinating. The cucumber slices are salted before using to draw out their juices, which would otherwise make the sandwich soggy. By Lucy Waverman for Food and Drink. Cook time is "resting" time for cucumbers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slice egg bread or 6 slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1Beat together butter, avocado, lemon juice, chili powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2In a second bowl, marinate the baby shrimp with lemon juice, olive oil, hot pepper sauce and salt to taste.
- 3Lightly sprinkle salt on cucumber slices and let sit for 20 minutes.
- 4Pat cucumber dry with paper towels.
- 5Cut bread in half and spread slices with avocado butter. Top with overlapping cucumber slices and pile shrimp on top. Garnish with a watercress sprig.
- 6Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Butter With Baby Shrimp Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 176.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g