Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Creamy ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, and a dash of hot sauce make this a most luxurious butter. A slice of this over grilled white fish, chicken or steak is heavenly. Cook time is just refrigeration time.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, preferably Haas, pitted, peeled, and cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 dash of your favorite hot sauce
- Blend all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap. Use the wrap to help form the butter into a log shape. Roll up in the wrap and twist the ends shut, creating a compact, evenly formed cylinder.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours, or freeze up to 3 weeks.