Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another what's in the cupboard for an appetizer recipe. You may serve this hot or warm. When you mash the avocado do not puree it, it should still have some texture.
- 1 avocado, fork mashed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes (or less)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices baguette (1/2 inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a mini chopper, chop the onion, garlic, chili flakes and lime juice until very fine.
- Mixed the garlic etc with the fork mashed avocado.
- Meanwhile lightly paint the baguette slices with olive oil on both sides and broil one side then the other until light golden.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the toasted baguette slices.
- Top with the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F heat for 10 minutes finish under the broiler for 2 more minutes or until the parmesan is golden.
This dish was everything I was hoping for and more ! It's going in my "make often" file !
Thanks Bergy for posting a great recipe !