1 hr 15 mins
This is an unique recipe that I have found in a cookbook called "The Best quickbreads". I was kind of scared to try it at first and I'm not much of a lime fan, but it turns out yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick spray.
- 3Peel and pit the avocado, then puree it in a food processor or blender until just smooth.You should have 1/2 cup.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten egg, avocado, yogurt and nuts.
- 5Beat with a spoon to mix well.
- 6Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lime zest and salt in a small bowl.
- 7Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir with a spatula until smooth and just moistened. Do not overmix.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the center of the oven until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes.
- 9Let loaf rest in its pan on a rack to cool.
- 10To make the Lime Syrup: Combine the sugar and lime juice in a small saucepan.
- 11Place over low heat until sugar just dissolves.
- 12Pierce the loaf about a dozen times to the bottom with a bamboo skewer, toothpick, or metal cake tester.
- 13Immediately pour the hot syrup over the warm loaf.
- 14Let cool for 30 minutes in the pan before turning the loaf out of the pan onto a rack, then turning it right side up to cool completely.
- 15Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Bread With Pecans and Lime Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2892.0
- Calories from Fat 1048
- Total Fat 116.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 227.4 mg
- Sodium 2301.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.2 g
- Sugars 212.4 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of