Prep 8 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was in a free magazine we got in the mail today. Haven't tried it yet.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and nuts).
- In separate bowl, mash avocado; add eggs and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until flour is moistened. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake tester (toothpick) comes out clean, in preheated oven.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack to continue cooling.