We love BLT and avocadoes. This recipe is from razzle dazzle recipes. Time doesn't include time for dressing to blend flavors.
- 1 large avocado, ripe, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 3 cups torn lettuce or 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked until brown, and crumbled
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors.
- Combine salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Serve with dressing.
Made this yummy salad dressing to go with our dinner tonight. Since my avocados were on the small size, I used two as did another reviewer. I also used some fresh salsa vs. the hot sauce along with some S & P. This dressing could be used on a number of things so I will definitely keep it handy. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.
I used 2 avos for this, as the dressing is strong and overpowered just one. I didnt use the hot sauce, but I noticed a few people adding sweet chilli sauce. Had this with a medley of salads, and some people used it as a filling for a wrap, definately gonna keep that in mind! made for Aussie swap, April 2011
This was a very tasty dressing, but I don't think my avocado must have not been big enought because it didn't have a lot of avocado flavor. I'll add two of them next time. However, the salad was enjoyed with fresh tomatoes from the garden. Thanks for sharing. :)