Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is something I used to make at my cafe, The Flying Apron. What with all of the recipes I make here on Food I had kind of forgotten about it. DH ask me last night if I could remember how it was made, and I said "sure that was an easy one"
- 6 thick slices of great bread (avoid the fluffy, gummy stuff!)
- 88.74 ml mayonnaise
- 6 slice cooked bacon (I used peppered bacon)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (ripe but still firm)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 leaf lettuce (I always used green leaf but use what you like best)
- salt and pepper
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Build sandwich by adding mayo and layers of bacon and lettuce to one slice of toasted bread.
- Top with another slice of bread with mayo and layer with half the avocado and tomato slices'.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cover with the last slice of toasted bread.
- Tip: prep the tomato, avocado and lettuce leaves while the bread is toasting and the bacon is cooking.
This made a wonderful lunch for my son and I. Great recipe and delicious ingredients. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
I do this also, but I like to add ham and turkey lunch meat and sliced onion along with all you have here.
Awesome sandwich, but then how can you go wrong with bacon and avocado. We had these delicious sandwiches tonight for a light dinner, but I know we'll be enjoying them for our lunches as well. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, May, 2014.