This is something I used to make at my cafe, The Flying Apron. What with all of the recipes I make here on Food I had kind of forgotten about it. DH ask me last night if I could remember how it was made, and I said "sure that was an easy one"
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Build sandwich by adding mayo and layers of bacon and lettuce to one slice of toasted bread.
- Top with another slice of bread with mayo and layer with half the avocado and tomato slices'.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cover with the last slice of toasted bread.
- Tip: prep the tomato, avocado and lettuce leaves while the bread is toasting and the bacon is cooking.
This made a wonderful lunch for my son and I. Great recipe and delicious ingredients. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Awesome sandwich, but then how can you go wrong with bacon and avocado. We had these delicious sandwiches tonight for a light dinner, but I know we'll be enjoying them for our lunches as well. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, May, 2014.
Great sandwich! I only used 2 slices of bread per sandwich - used whole wheat high fiber, but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!