Recipe by Annacia
This is something I used to make at my cafe, The Flying Apron. What with all of the recipes I make here on Food I had kind of forgotten about it. DH ask me last night if I could remember how it was made, and I said "sure that was an easy one"
- 6 thick slices of great bread (avoid the fluffy, gummy stuff!)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices cooked bacon (I used peppered bacon)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (ripe but still firm)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce (I always used green leaf but use what you like best)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Build sandwich by adding mayo and layers of bacon and lettuce to one slice of toasted bread.
- Top with another slice of bread with mayo and layer with half the avocado and tomato slices'.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cover with the last slice of toasted bread.
- Tip: prep the tomato, avocado and lettuce leaves while the bread is toasting and the bacon is cooking.