Recipe by redredrobyn
Saw this on Pinterest, added the mango and quinoa and voila!!!! This salad gets better overnight. You can add or subtract ingredients if you don't have them on hand; had this salad with just the mango, avocado, limes, chili, and onions and it was still amazing! Try roasting the corn...yum!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob (or 1 can corn)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Hass avocadoes, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for avocados and quinoa in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and quinoa and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- I usually mix the avocado into the salad, there is enough lime juice to keep it from browning.