Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this on Pinterest, added the mango and quinoa and voila!!!! This salad gets better overnight. You can add or subtract ingredients if you don't have them on hand; had this salad with just the mango, avocado, limes, chili, and onions and it was still amazing! Try roasting the corn...yum!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob (or 1 can corn)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Hass avocadoes, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- Combine all ingredients except for avocados and quinoa in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and quinoa and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- I usually mix the avocado into the salad, there is enough lime juice to keep it from browning.