Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is absolutely over the top delicious!!!!! It is bright and on the edge of spicey! I found this after planting 2 avocado trees. Need lots of good recipes to use my future crops.
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, cured (see below)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro puree (see below)
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce (chipotle)
- 9 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt (coarse best)
Cured Red Onions
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup oil (veggie, canola or corn)
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, roasted
- Roast onion and garlic at 450 for 25 minutes.
- Cured Red Onions- Place the two thinly sliced onions in a small container and pour 2 Cups of fresh squeezed lime juice on top of onions. Add the habanero chile. Then add in salt and pepper to taste; mix. Cover tight and let sit in the refrigerator for three days, if you are that patient. Otherwise, just set it to cure first.
- Cilantro Puree- In a blender puree everything but the oil (Includes washed cilantro, 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, roasted garlic cloves, roasted onions, and course salt to taste). While the blades are moving, add the oil slow stream. Pour into a squirt bottle if you want to do so. You will, most likely, have some left over and that is a good thing.
- Salad - In a stainless steel bowl combine all the black beans, Hass Avocado, pineapple, cured red onions, cilantro puree, chipotle sauce, coarse salt and pepper to aste, and 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Serving Suggestions- Presentation With a squirt bottle, drizzle a line or two of the Chipotle Pepper Sauce and the Cilantro Puree on to a plate (Be creative. Write your name or the guest of honor's, etc). Place two tablespoons of the salad in the center of the plate. Top the salad with one tortilla chip. Fill the tortilla chip with one large teaspoon of salad and serve. For a delicious and nutritious alternative, use the Avocado, Black Bean and Pineapple salad as a topping on chicken or fish.
- The sauce is just amazing and could be used with other things.
- Go ahead and roast more onion than you need. It is always handy to have in the fridge.
- Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as an appetizer, accompaniment or salad.
This is a fresh and bright salad. Tremendously easy to make. The flavors really pop and compliment each other.