1/1 Photo of Avocado, Beet and Arugula Salad With Chevre Tartine
Lavender Lynn's Note:
'Tartine' is the French word for a slice of bread with a topping. Spread herbed goat cheese on crusty bread and toss together beets, avocadoes and greens for an usual, beautiful meal that combines warm with cool, bitter with sweet, and creamy with crisp."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices crusty bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced beets, drained and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens with arugula
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped toasted
- 1Preheat broiler for high heat. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 2Mix the goat cheese with the basil in a bowl.
- 3Spread cheese mixture evenly on four slices of bread.
- 4Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Cook under preheated broiler until cheese has begun to turn golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6Remove and set aside.
- 7To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl until blended; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Slowly pour in olive oil while continually whisking until dressing is smooth.
- 9Place diced beets and mixed greens into a large bowl.
- 10Drizzle vinaigrette over top; toss to coat.
- 11Divide salad onto four chilled plates.
- 12Top with avocado and hazelnuts.
- 13Serve with goat-cheese tartines.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Beet and Arugula Salad With Chevre Tartine
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.0
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g