1/1 Photo of Avocado Beef Burgers
Marsha D.'s Note:
We love avocados and I was experimenting one day and came up with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 4 -6 teaspoons butter, melted
- lettuce (optional)
- onion (optional)
- 1Take the avocado and slice in half, remove the pit and peel each half.
- 2Sprinkle fresh lemon juice over each half of avocados. Slice one half of avocado and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, take other half of the avocado and mash with a fork.
- 4Add chili peppers, egg, onions, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 5Add ground beef to the mixture and combine well.
- 6Shape into 4 beef patties.
- 7Chill in ref. for 10 minutes.
- 8Heat a outdoor grill on medium heat or a skillet.
- 9Grill or pan fry hamburger patties until no longer pink inside. (10-15 minutes per side ).
- 10Add monterey jack cheese and let melt.
- 11Butter each hamburger bun and toast on the top shelf of a grill or in the oven on broil.
- 12Mayonnaise each hamburger bun and top with hamburger, tomato, slice of avocado, onion (opt) and lettuce (opt).
- 13Serve with french fries , or potato chips or one of your favorite snacks.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Beef Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.9 g