Recipe by Barb G.
This looks so good, I belive it could be served as a salad or as a one-one dish meal. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens Magazine.
Top Review by FlyingCook
This was fantastic! DH asked why we had never used avocado in pasta before since it was so delicious. I made sauce as written and added a diced red bell pepper and cherry tomatoes for color and to make it a main course. Fresh, flavorful, and easy. Will definitely make again.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta or 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 2 medium avocados, halved,seeded,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked,drained and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded pecorino romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice,olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add the hot pasta and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese.