Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend made this for me, I thought an avocado shake sounded pretty weird, but it is yummy - it has an amazing texture and is not too sweet. Also it is a lovely shade of green! Note: if you slice and freeze the banana first, you will have a colder and thicker shake. I prefer mine less cold, but I believe I am in the minority on that.
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana (not too ripe or it overpowers the avocado)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla soymilk (try "vita-soy" or "so good")
- ice cubes or water or soymilk, to taste
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and squeeze each half into the blender (faster than scooping it out!).
- Add banana, yogurt, and 1 cup of soy milk.
- Blend on medium or high.
- If it is too thick (it probably will be) you can add water or ice, or more soy milk if you'd prefer a slightly sweeter drink.
- Drink within 1/2 hour of blending, or the shake will discolor slightly (flavor will remain the same, it just looks less good.).
Delicious! I used a frozen banana and a few ice cubes. I skipped the yogurt, used almond milk and added some fresh blueberries. Stevia to sweeten a bit. What a great concept!