Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite Avocado recipe, and so easy! It was given to me by my sister-in-law's mother, who comes from Miami, Fl. It tastes like a dessert, but is called a salad and is quite addicting. Up until now, it's been one of Miami's most closely guarded secrets :).
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into bite sized pieces (Florida, or 2 Haas)
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise, approx., just enough to hold it all together
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently until evenly mixed. Refrigerate until chilled or serve at room temperature, your choice.
- After a time or two, you'll change the proportions to suit your tastes. Enjoy!
I made this recipe as written, but it was a bit bland for my taste. I made it with a red onion, so I added another quarter of the red onion for a total of half a red onion, and I let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours and it was much better. I will definitely be making this again and often.
I suspect that my review shows differences in cultural tastes.A 6 year old, 3 year old and an adult ate this but weren't especially impressed. It is very sweet and this doesn't gel well with the mayonnaise which tends to overwhelm the avocado. Even the onion doesn't save it. I suspect that my downunder tastebuds just don't like this very US recipe.
This is very good! Thanks for posting it.